Since 23 December 2011, the Rector of the Kore University of Enna has been prof. Giovanni Puglisi.
GIOVANNI PUGLISI is President of the IULM University of Milan, he is Deputy Vice President of the Italian Encyclopaedia Institute “Giovanni Treccani” and President of “Treccani Scuola”.
He chairs the CERBA Foundation (European Centre for Advanced Biomedical Research) in Milan.
He is President Emeritus of the Sicily Foundation and of the Italian National Commission for UNESCO.
Dean of the Conference of Italian University Rectors (CRUI), is a member of the National University Council (CUN).
He is President of the Foundation for Art and Culture ‘Lauro Chiazzese’ and of the ‘Biondo’ Stabile Theatre of Palermo.
He is Deputy Chairman of Banca Sistema.
He is an ordinary member of ASPEN Institute Italia.
He was awarded the title of Knight of the Grand Cross of Merit of the Italian Republic by the President of the Republic.
He was awarded the ‘Ambrogino d’oro’ of the city of Milan.
He was awarded honorary citizenship of the city of Palermo.
A freelance journalist since 1972, he has edited and continues to edit scientific journals and magazines.
He has devoted his scientific interests to aesthetics, philosophy and literary criticism.
He has published numerous scientific papers, the most recent of which include:
– Il tempo della crisi, Sellerio Editore;
– L’Italia fra politica e cultura nelle pagine, Le Monnier Florence;
– Parole, non fatti! in Il Testo e l’opera, in L. Neri e S. Sini (eds.), Studi in ricordo di Franco Brioschi;
– Le culture del ‘sì’ nel dialogo interculturale del Mediterraneo, in A. Brettoni, E. Pellegrini, S. Piazzesi and D. Salvadori (eds.), Per Enza Biagini;
– I luoghi della letteratura, in G. Puglisi (ed.), L’Italia.
– Preface to G. Lipovetsky-J. Serroy, The Aesthetisation of the World.
Living in the Age of Artistic Capitalism, Sellerio Editore.
– Introduction to the book Reading methodologies for a European culture:
Texts – Literatures – Interpretations.
Symbolon, year IX, no.5, pp 9-20.
– 4 November 1946.
Entry into force of the Unesco Constitution Europe in supranational institutions in CALENDAR CIVIL EUROPE – The historical knots of a difficult construction, Donzelli Editore, 2019, pp.191-200.
– Preface to the book Fiabe siciliane, Laura Gonzenbach, Donzelli Editore, 2019.
– Machiavelli, politics and the spirit of the times in la Biblioteca di via Senato, Monthly magazine year XI no. 12 – December 2019, pp.
– Preface to the book Innovazione territorio e comunità – Il Terzo Settore nel terzo millennio, Giandomenico Genta, Alberto Franco, nino argano editore, 2019.
– G. Puglisi, Ricordando Giovanni Santangelo, in L’ape iblea dalla zagara all’edelweiss, Palermo University Press, 2020, pp.495-498;
– G. Puglisi, Une abeille dans la ruche des études comparatistiques italiennes, in Revue de Littérature comparée, no. 2/2021 pp.199-206;
In 2016, he edited the volume Sicilia in the Collana L’Italia, of the Istituto dell’Enciclopedia Italiana Treccani.
At the University of Enna, the Rector’s role is entirely devoted to the promotion, coordination and continuous improvement of the quality of teaching activities and scientific research, as well as naturally representing the University in all academic bodies.
The Rector is elected by the Board of Trustees and, after election, receives the approval of the Academic Senate.